Winter Conservation Tips
There are many ways you can improve the warmth inside your home without having to break the bank. Even though your heating system’s efficiency can be vastly improved through regular maintenance and equipment upgrades, you can help increase your savings even further by following these tips for cold weather energy conservation:
- Upgrade insulation in your attic, walls, and ceilings of your home. Over time, insulation can degrade and shift leaving spaces where cold air can get in and warm air can escape.
- Hiring Tomasso Bros. Energy to perform an Energy Audit can help you determine where your home needs efficiency improvement. Once the Energy Audit is complete you’ll have a foolproof way of saving on energy costs.
- ENERGY STAR® products and appliances use 10-50% less energy than standard appliances. Upgrading to an ENERGY STAR fridge, T.V., stove, washer, and more, can go a long way when it comes to energy conservation.
- Replacing incandescent bulbs with LED bulbs offers brighter and longer lasting light, with a significant reduction in the amount of energy used.
- Sealing air leaks around windows and doorframes with caulk or weather-stripping helps to keep the draft out and your heated air in.
Taking winter energy conservation into your own hands is a great way to supplement the maintenance and repair services that we provide at Tomasso Bros. Energy. If you have any questions or concerns about your home’s energy use, give us a call or contact us online today!